Alan Ranger Photography
Mobile: 07817 017994
Click here to view the Stagecoach bus routes in this area.
Calendar Shoot Workshops
Tue 19th Sep
Wed 18th Oct
Wed 15th Nov
Wed 13th Dec
Wed 17th Jan
Thu 22nd Feb
Tue 20th Mar
Tue 24th Apr
10 am to 1 pm - From £47
A monthly 3hr photography workshop at Batsford. Suitable for any level of photographer or camera as Alan will guide you through camera settings and the basics of composition then lead you around part of Batsford to make the best images that reflect that particular month of the year.
You then have the option to enter your images into the Batsford Calendar Competition and the chance to have your image printed in the official Batsford Arboretum Calendar as well as win other prizes.
An initial introduction in the education centre for 30-45min and lesson on basic camera operation, settings that month's special things to look for.
A 2hr guided walk around the best seasonal part of Batsford Arboretum to make images with Alan's support and input.
Image review and feedback throughout the workshop.
Batsford Calendar Photo Competition
Overall winner for best single image
- A family annual pass to the Arboretum
- Cash Prize (Amount to be confirmed)
- A 5 week beginners course (or equivalent course in value) or 2 day residential location workshop on any of my listed events in 2018/19
Runner-up for best single image
- A family annual pass to the Arboretum
- A beginner's class, masterclass or 2.5hr location workshop on any of my listed events in 2018/19
All images selected for Batsford Arboretum Calendar will receive
- A credit for their image in the calendar
- A family one day pass to the Arboretum
- A photography tuition gift voucher with Alan Ranger Photography for £30
- Entering is free of charge
- Images have to be taken at Batsford Arboretum
- Images do not have to be taken on a workshop, anyone can enter.
- Closing date for entries is 31st Mar 2018 - images may be selected for 2018 and 2019 calendar.
- Photographer retains all copyright but grant permission to Batsford Arboretum for use in the 2018/19 calendar by entering.
- Entrants can submit multiple entries (max photos allowed per entrant is 20)
- Judging takes place in April 2018 and winners announced by 30th Apr 2018 on www.batsbarb.co.uk and www.alanranger.com
How to enter
- Images should be resized to be no bigger than 1mb.
- High res images (at least 4mb) will be requested for winning entries
- Images should be in JPG format and at least 2000 pixels on the longest edge.
- Image filenames should be renamed to
- Month Taken-First Name-Last Name.jpg
- Example. January-Alan-Ranger.jpg
Images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may email your entries each month or altogether by closing date.
Book multiples to receive discount. If booking multiples (Select Package) you can select which months to attend workshops within 12 months of purchase.
1 Workshop - £59
4 Workshops - 15% off
6 Workshop - 17% off
12 Workshops - 20% off
If you hold a Batsford Arboretum season pass you will be refunded the entrance fee at the time of booking.
- Price includes entrance to Arboretum and all tuition
- Workshop dates subject to minimum number of participants
- In the event of insufficient bookings or bad weather alternative dates will be offered.
- Participants are responsible for attending in appropriate footwear and for their equipment
- Under 16's welcome but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
All bookings must be made in advance through Alan Ranger Photography website - www.alanranger.com/batsford
Bookings are confirmed within 24hrs & joining instructions will be emailed out 4-7 days prior to event date.
Optional post workshop image review and feedback on your images
Maximum group size 10 attendees.
More Details: Click Here
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.