Unit 43, Basepoint Business Centre
Tewkesbury Business Park
Tel: 01684 851290
Click here to view the Stagecoach bus routes in this area.
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Training
Courses starting on:
27th March 2017 - Tewkesbury
16th August 2017 - Tewkesbury
15th November 2017 - Tewkesbury
The First aid at work training course is a 3 day course that provides all of the essential skills required of first aiders in the workplace.
The skills acquired will enable candidates to become a confident first aider at work giving them the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies in most other workplaces as well as their own place of work.
All training and knowledge within the course meet the standards of Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981. Your organisation’s First Aid provision will be specifically informed by the process of risk assessment, your analysis of all your activities, and the identification of the hazards and risks associated with those activities.
Our range of approved first aid at work training courses can be delivered either within the work place, at our Tewkesbury Gloucestershire main office or at one of our training centres throughout the UK (see below).
Who Will Benefit From the First Aid at Work Training?
This course is ideal for anyone working in a higher risk environment such as Warehousing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Food Processing and Engineering environments, who would like to receive more thorough and in depth training in first aid which meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981, and match the potential requirements for First Aid treatment posed by their work environment.
First Aid at Work Assessment
There is a practical assessment in which candidates will be tested on three elements. These are the recovery position, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and bandaging. There is also an examination consisting of 30 multiple choice questions.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will be able to understand the:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment and management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation- CPR)
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty with wounds and bleeding
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
- Management of a casualty with heart attack or stroke
- Management of a casualty with head or back injury
- Management of a casualty with a fracture
- Management of a casualty with minor injuries
- Management of a casualty with other conditions
First Aid at Work Requalification and Progression
It is strongly recommended by the HSE (Health & Safety Executive) that all first aiders undertake an annual refresher course. It is a mandatory requirement that all candidates requalify every three years.
- Annual Refresh training – ½ day course
- Annual Refresh training with scenarios and staged role play training – 1 day course
- First Aid at Work Requalification Training – 2 day course
- Hydrofluoric Acid Awareness Training – ½ day course
Successful completion of the course, the assessments and the exam will certify the candidate to serve as an accredited First Aider for a period of 3 years.
For more information and to book a Course follow the link below:
More Details: Click Here
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.