5-7 Stroud Road
Tel: 01452 898180
Click here to view the Stagecoach bus routes in this area.
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering, Retail and Manufacturing
13 Jul 2017 - 27 Jul 2017 09:00 - 17:30
Gillmans, Mercia Road, Gloucester, GL1 2SG
Who Should Attend
This course is intended principally for those who are operating in a supervisory role within the catering and hospitality industry and provides progression from the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification. It would be suitable for those who are able to demonstrate a wide knowledge of food safety, legislation and effective supervision. They will also be able to take responsibility for the competency of the workforce and for identifying hazards and controls, monitoring controls and taking appropriate corrective action when necessary.
This nationally recognised qualification provides candidates with a range of food safety skills directly relevant to the Catering and Hospitality industries. It is well respected by both the authorities and employers and is also appropriate for those who are considering progressing on to the Level 4 Award in Food Safety in Catering or Manufacturing.
- Introduction to food safety and what’s in the news
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Temperature control
- Workplace and equipment design (catering and manufacturing syllabuses only)
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene for staff
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementing of food safety management procedures (catering & manufacturing syllabuses only)
- Food safety management tools (catering & manufacturing syllabuses only)
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Have the ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross-contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premise
To sign up up for www.glos.info weekly newsletter, please click here.
Please mention www.glos.info when contacting this advertiser.
glos.info try to bring you details of the best local events. Amendments to the published details can occur, so please check with the venue if uncertain.